Tuesday 11 August 2009

Crafty goings on!

Well I'm pleased that the UKS mini book event has started, and is keeping me occupied nicely. Below is the 1st of 10 minibooks. It was a Bellaboo design by Cleo Jarvis and is made completely from scratch. I decided to use 'Nature' as my theme as I had some photos from when Al and I have been to a couple of country parks.

I found it quite hard to decorate these two inner covers as I didn't want to use anymore photographs and I couldn't go very 3D.
I used some Basic Grey papers for the inner pages. Its took quite a while to get the pieces cut to the right size. This page has photos from when we went to Rother Valley Country Park at Christmas 2008.

This second page contains photos of Thrybergh Country Park in Rotherham. We went in January so it was cold but the sun was out so it was a gorgeous day.

This is a quick card I made for my Aunties Birthday. I used left over scraps of paper from one of my cleo crafts monthly kits and the free stamp off a previous Craft Stamper Magazine. Am really pleased with how it turned out.

Am hoping to start another minibook today, but it might end up just being a few cards. Can't wait until tomorrow morning as its Cleo crafts minibook on UKS so I'm hoping the kit I have bought for it arrives in the morning too.

No comments: