Tuesday 15 November 2011

~ Promarker Class ~

Last Saturday Mum and I went off to The Craft Box at Elsecar Heritage Centre, Barnsley to our first Promarker class. Well it certainly was an inspirational class.


We spent approximately 2 hours colouring in the above stamped image. The stamp is a Molly Blooms stamped in Memento London Fog. I love the use of the grey ink, it gives a much more subtle outline. For each area we used approximately 3 different promarker colours to blend and provide shadows. I'm still not sure about Joseph's coat, the shadows seem a bit dark so I might blend them out a little more.

We then moved on to this other Molly Blooms stamped image. It's such a pretty little angel. For this image she showed us a technique of leaving some white to show highlights.

I couldn't believe how much concentration it took to do the colouring. I was absolutely shattered after this class, shows I'm not as well recovered as I like to think I am. However, these now make my previous blending attempts look rather rubbish. Will have to get practicing I think.

What is exciting is that we have booked ourselves on to another class on the 5th December which is to decorate 3 gift boxes and enjoy an afternoon of crafting and mince pies, yum!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Claire said...

They look lovely Terri.
C xx

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous colouring

Helen T said...

The colours look fab, I wish somewhere local to me did courses for using ProMarkers.

Bubbles said...

Sounds like an idyllic two hours - with fantastic results!