Monday 2 April 2012

~ Gogogetaway March 2012 - Sunday Round up ~

A little later than planned here is an update on what I got up to on Sunday at Gogogetaway no.8. I had an absolutely fabulous weekend and the ladies did a great job teaching.

Class no. 6

'How Tweet, Can you resist?'
By Rebekah Day



The technique used in this class was to make a image resist on the canvas bird using clear embossing powder and stamps. We used a real life twig and wrapped twine round it to create the branch effect. The photo is of my 2 kittens having cuddles with a friend. I just need to add a little journalling.

Manufacturer/sketch challenge

This challenge was to use the sketch provided and at least one piece from the MME 'On the Brightside' Collection.


I absolutely love the bold colours in this collection, especially the wood effect patterned papers. The photo is of Millie chilling out on the windowsill.

Manufacturer/sketch Challenge

This challenge was to use the sketch provided and at least one piece from the Prima 'Songbird' Collection.


The photo is of a yummy hot chocolate I had when we visited Castleton, Derbyshire. I really love these papers as the colours are really subtle. A complete contrast to the layout above. I love how buntings are in fashion at the moment. 

Class no.7

'Tagged to Transfer'
By Sheena Rowlands


We used a mixed media technique to transfer images from laser printed copier paper on to the cream tags. This was such a simple technique and very enjoyable. Just need to get my hands on some acetone soon. The photo is of me and mum in our Saris at Sangam, India in 2009.

I'll photograph class no. 5 tomorrow once it's dried and upload it tomorrow evening. 

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your blog terri we had such a good time didnt we i miss it already, ive managed to convince chris to let me go for march 2013 so if i can still get a space that is ill see you there :-) xxx

Emilie said...

Well you have been busy! Gorgeous layouts!

Monica Gale said...

They look stunning Teri, I wish i could have been there. Hugs xxx

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous Layouts