Saturday 3 October 2015

~ Like For Ever - Acorn Avenue ~

Good evening! I'm sat watching the celebrities shaking their stuff on Strictly Come Dancing. It can only mean one thing - Christmas is on its way!
 
*WARNING LONG POST ALERT*
 
So on Friday I was fortunate enough to have a whole day and evening to myself with no plans (this makes a massive change as usually I am running round doing jobs on my day off!). I decided to have a PJ day and spend my time catching up on trashy TV and scraping.
 
 
I managed 3 layouts using the Like For Ever 'Acorn Avenue' Kit. I'm absolutely loving this kit. It is very much my style and colour palette. The blue glittery thickers are AMAZING!
 
 
I remembered pinning a layout on pinterest which used lots of strips of paper attached to one side of the page. However, when I looked back it turned out nothing like that layout apart from the strips. I'm a massive fan of Pinterest and love searching it for ideas.
 
 
This layout shows me doing one of my other favourite hobbies. I love to read a good book. I always used to read crime & thriller but have recently taken a liking to easy reading chic lit type novels and stories based in India.
 
 
I would never have bought puffy stickers if it wasn't for the kits I have been getting but I now love them. This is another of those Pinterest layouts that don't really turn out like what I originally saw.
 
 
I'm back with my layers and this time I pulled out my distress tool to add texture and then inked them with distress ink 'Pumice Stone'.
 
I struggle to get a decent photo of my partner as he is either pulling a funny face or has a stupid big grin. Despite this I sometimes manage to capture fun photos of him larking about. He might annoy me but always manages to make me laugh and smile.
 
 
The die cut embellishment pack in the kit had quite a few acetate elements which I wasn't sure I particularly liked but they have created lovely subtle layers around my photo.
 
 
I love the blue transparent words and phrases that are part of the Cedar Lane collection. The words are easy to use in lots of different themes. I can't stop raving about this month's kit, I LOVE IT!!!

 
This layout was inspired by a fellow kit subscriber who created a layout with a photo of herself which showed her 'perceived' flaws. She then inspired the owner of the blog Nicola to do the same by blogging a photo where she had originally been critical of herself. I wanted to capture this in a layout by highlighing that 'the key to happiness' is how we feel about ourselves. We should be less critical and just embrace the life we have and the people we choose to spend it with.
 
Happy Crafting!
 
Terri
x

No comments: