Tuesday 2 February 2016

~ Missing: January! Have you seen it? ~

Ok, so who stole January?!?!

To be fair I was out of the country for 18 days of January but it certainly has gone way too fast. With it being Christmas just before I went away I didn't get chance to schedule any posts while I was away so it has been pretty quiet on the blog.

My trip to Thailand and Laos is giving me the opportunity to scrap in a different size. I've never scrapped anything other than squares (4x4, 8x8, 12x12) so when I had the opportunity to purchase a 9x12 inch scrapbook through Like For Ever I jumped at the chance. Starting out I felt pretty anxious about how it was going to work with a different ratio of paper. I asked the girls over on the Like For Ever kit subscribers Facebook group for some tips.

So here are my first two layouts for my trip scrapbook.


For this layout I have used some Basic Grey patterned papers that I bought in the sale over on Hey Little Magpie. I must say I'm gutted to learn that Basic Grey will no longer be producing scrapbooking collections. They were the company that really started my love of scrapbooking. I cut out part of the labels patterned paper to add a focal point the layout.

The photo shows our first glimpse of Laos, across the Mekong River from Thailand. I'm not really sure what size photos to use on the 9x12 papers but this 3x4 seems to work ok.


I absolutely love this layout! I used a Pagemaps sketch which was sent with the January Like For Ever kit. I used a tip from Nicola (the owner of Like For Ever) as she uses quite a lot of white space on her smaller layouts. I do love the clean crisp effect that it gives. All the elements seem to bounce off the page.

The letters are DIY thickers and I used Heidi Shine mist in teal to colour the bottom half. The wooden words are from a Heidi Swapp collection I bought in the sale over at Hey Little Magpie.

I'm off to organise the printing of some of my holiday photos so I can get lots of pages made over the next few weeks.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: