Monday 14 March 2016

~ Back to reality - post retreat! ~

Back from a fantastic weekend at Like For Ever's first retreat held at the gorgeous 'The Woodlands @ Hothorpe Hall' near Market Harborough. I was fantastic to meet to other 25 subscribers and Nicola the owner. I had a very productive weekend, managing 14 layouts and a mini album.


Our crop space and dining room for the weekend.


These were the lodge rooms that I was in, It was absolutely beautiful lit up at night.



The Wi-Fi and mobile signal was a bit patchy so I didn't manage to update during the retreat but I will put up some posts over this week so show you what we got up to.

Nicola set us three challenges for over the weekend and I managed to get them all done. I love a good challenge and the possibility of winning a prize is always a bonus.

The first challenge was to use this mood board to create a Page/Card/Project Life layout. 


I managed to save my Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Free Spirit' collection whilst I went on retreat and I'm glad I did because the colours are perfect for this mood board. I had this layout in mind before going away so it came together really quickly on Friday night.


Oscar is such a cuddly cat and most evenings spends his time said on me sleeping. I wanted to document this 'everyday' occurrence and he always takes a good photo.

The second challenge was to use the sketch to create a Page/Card/Project Life layout.



Again I've used the 'Free Spirit' collection here with a few added bits of washi tape from my stash. The photo below doesn't really do the layout justice as the colours look very pale and you can't see the texture paste zigzags in top right and bottom left corners.


I don't scrap Millie as often as my other cat as she isn't as interested in things. She spends most of her time in one place sleeping. However, she has taken to getting in bed with us for morning cuddles and I managed to snap this pic on my phone.

The third was to use this quote to create a Page/Card/Project Life layout.
Oh my I didn't half struggle with this challenge. Everyone was scrapping Disney and Harry Potter Studio layouts and I hadn't brought any photos like that. But inspiration struck me Saturday night (after a glass of wine!). I used a play on words and scrapped my craft room at home. Despite moving house over a year ago this is only the second house page I have created.


I used Simple Stories 'Life in Colour' for this layout. I love the bright bold colours and it was a welcome change after using the more pastel colours from 'Free Spirit'. 

Nicola did an amazing job at the weekend and hope for more to come. I'll be back over the next few days with more posts and hopefully a video of all my retreat work.

Happy Crafting!

Terri
x

No comments: