Monday 9 May 2016

~ {Inter}National Scrapbook Day Round Up! ~

Happy Monday!

Well I hope you all had a fun filled {Inter}National Scrapbooking Day, I certainly did. I managed to get 6 layouts completed using the online challenges over at Like For Ever & For the Love of Pretty Paper (UK scrapbooking Facebook Group).

The first challenge over on Like For Ever was to scrap lift yourself. I chose a layout from my India 2015 album and scrapped photos to go in my Vietnam & Cambodia 2012 album. I'm impressed at how different they look.


I used papers from the January Like For Ever Kit 'Twenty Sixteen' along with embellishments from my stash. Love that I'm starting to use some of my papers up.


If you've seen any photos from my recent trip to Latvia over on my Instagram account you will note that I do like a good cocktail. That certainly hasn't changed since these photos were taken.

The next challenge I attempted was this lovely sketch created by Laura from Beads, Buttons & Birds Blog. I had a great time looking back to my birthday in March for this one.


I used the current Like For Ever Kit 'Live out Loud'. Before I received this kit I wasn't excited by the Pink Paislee Paige Evans 'Fancy Free' Collection. But in real life it is super gorgeous!!! I am a total convert, just wish I had more of it!


I wouldn't usually use a mix of colour and black & white photos on a layout but I didn't have the colour version of the pic I wanted to use. I'm actually really pleased with the result. I'm hoarding the pretty 'Fancy Free' papers so this was ideal for only using the branding strips.

Ironically, when looking at last years album I noted that we had Pizza on my birthday last year too!

This next challenge used both the Mood Board over at Like For Ever & a scrap lift challenge from the Facebook group.

Below is Beth Moloney's layout which we were challenged to scrap lift.


This was the very pretty looking mood board by Elsie over o Like For Ever. As soon as I saw this my brain was shouting COCOA VANILLA STUDIO 'FREE SPIRIT'.


So I obliged and created a very pretty, girly page about me and my friend's love of hot chocolate and cake!


The next layout I did was for the 'Coffee' Challenge over on the facebook group. The challenge was to use coffee as inspiration, whether it be colour or content.


I had this photo of the cute spring Starbucks takeaway coffee cup that I had been waiting to scrapbook and then I remembered some Stampin' Up stamps which would fit in perfectly too! The new textures set even has a coffee ring stamp which I used on the background.

Nicola over at Like For Ever gave us access to this 'Just Smile' cut file and asked us to use it as inspiration. I have again used the lovely May 'Live out Loud' Kit and there will be a process video for this layout in the next week.


I was clearly enjoying outlining my layouts this weekend as I've done it to quite a few!

My final layout was for the Like For Ever challenge to scrap a selfie & use a song on the page.


I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut out this background (which I love!) and added selfies from different times over the last few months. They all show me looking happy and enjoying my life. So I used some lyrics from Avril Lavigne's song Innocence as my title. The Little Things that make Life Great.

Thanks for stopping by today and having a read. Over the next week I'm hoping to be able to blog my 'Week in the Life' as I join in with Ale Edwards documenting class.

Happy Crafting!

Terri
x

google-site-verification: googleabfe3748c6693b57.html

1 comment:

Bev said...

Looks like you were really busy, love your layouts x