Saturday 14 May 2016

~ Week in the Life - Friday ~

Whilst most people get that 'Friday Feeling' at this time of the week I never really manage to due to working shifts. I am unfortunately working on Sunday but can't complain because I work my full time hours over 3 days.

Today started they way most of my early mornings do, with a trip to the toilet. This is a routine that I wouldn't normally document or discuss really. Since being diagnosed at 16 with Crohn's Disease I usually get up to use the toilet at least once in the night. Sometimes I hardly wake up and other times it means I'm awake from then on for the rest of the day. I am often accompanied to the toilet by Oscar, who has taken it upon himself to jump on my lap whilst I'm there.


I did manage to go back to sleep and when the alarm went off at 7.30am I really didn't want to get up. But unfortunately at 8.30am the doorbell rang and the plumber had called to sort my dishwasher. He had kinked the hose when moving the outside tap so easily fixed. Happy me!


It was colder here today than it has been which meant I needed my dressing gown on whilst I ate my breakfast and caught up some TV.

I haven't been to the gym in ages! I really enjoy some of the classes but often lack the motivation to go and I have had a good excuse this week with all the work men around. But today I bit the bullet and off I went to Zumba.

Today was about time that I put my face on. I don't wear make up that often, I simply can't be bothered most of the time. I would rather have 15 minutes extra in bed on work days. I generally wear it if I'm going out to meet friends or with the boy. I do like getting dressed up nicely, it always makes me feel better about myself.


I met my friend Helen and her daughter at a local garden centre for a quick coffee and catch up. She doesn't like having her photo taken so I quickly snapped this with my phone whilst she was taking a sip of coffee.



The garden centre has a pet shop which has some super cute rodents like these Dumbo Rats. I couldn't help but take a pic of this sleeping beauty.




On return from the garden centre I was faced with an almost finished conservatory. There is just the inside to be finished off next week. Plastering, plumbing and electrics next.



It is lovely and bright inside.




The cats and I enjoyed a nap on the sofa whilst catching up with Castle. They have loved to get curled up with me on the sofa ever since they were kittens and I had an extended period of time off work post-surgery.



I had initially wanted to go out for tea tonight but as we are away next weekend and at the theatre the week after we decided to stay in and have a Chinese takeaway. I suspect going out might have been safer!


As I collected the food I managed to smack myself in the face with the car door cutting both the inside and outside of my lip/chin. It bled quite a bit and was extremely painful. It made eating dinner rather difficult and uncomfortable.



We spent the night cuddled up on the sofa, me feeling sorry for myself and catching up with Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Madam Secretary before having an early night.


Cups of Tea = 4 , Total = 22

Thanks for reading!

Terri
x

No comments: