Saturday 1 April 2017

~ Like For Ever Retreat | Jackie Ashton Class ~

I took part in a fantastic class taught by Jackie Ashton from Birds of a Feather at the Like For Ever scrapbooking retreat. 


She used the Crate Paper 'Cool Kid' collection to design and teach 2 9x12 layouts. She also provided instructions to complete another 12x12 layout and 9x12 pocket pages with the left over supplies from the class kit. The first layout uses a circle template with distress ink applied through it to create a background on the white cardstock.


The central pocket from the pocket page was used to create a transparent shaker pocket and was sealed using the fuse tool. I added a few puffy stickers and wood veneer from my stash.


I used the class to document my trip to the main market in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The bright vibrant colours are great for the colours in the market. I love how the bright colours in this collection complement the colours in my photos.


The layout below was the bonus 12x12 layout but I adapted it to create a 9x12 page for my Uzbekistan album. The chevron arrows in the background are less visible on this page as it had to be shrunk width wise from the original. I added a couple of flair badges and enamel dots from my stash.


It was great to use a collection for something that wasn't what the theme of the papers suggest. The collection is very much aimed at 'boy' photos. Thank you to Jackie for creating such a fantastic class.

Happy Crafting!

Terri
x

1 comment:

Bev said...

They look amazing might need to do a scaplift xx